21.11.08

Book Suggestions


Hi all!

I am back after a long time, and tell you the truth, this past weekend i haven't read any book. god man it feels so strange. but yes i indulged myself into my second most loved hobby, i.e, sleeping.


Well.. the real truth is, i spent total 2 hrs in the book cafe last Saturday (as it is when i buy books, every saturday), and couldn't make myself to decide which one to chose. After reading so much of Paulo Coelho, i thought of giving the remaining, a rest (I have resolved to read and all all of Paulo Coelho's works, by the end of this year.).

Of Course I Love You, by Durjoy Datta, did come as a breather, and yes that reminds me, Veena and I have been planning to host a giveaway of this book soon...


Please, please I ask for book suggestions from all of you, I cant even decide the genre i want to read :( . Please help me.



11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I could name so many books I loved.
As you are not sure what genre you want to read I'll mention books with diff. genre's.
Line of scrimmage: This is a romance book. I loved it.

RoseMary's Baby: A satanic read.

Something by Neil Gaiman.

'Shooting Water' if you want to read something diff. It's a memoir. The author is Deepa Mehta's daughter and she has written a memoir on Shooting for the movie. It's good (I am planning to review it soon).

Something by David Sedaris if you want to read humour.

There are so many actually, but nothing comes to my mind right now. May be later.

Anonymous said...

I have noted them all Violet :) Thanks for the Suggestions :)

Anonymous said...

Nidhi, Pick up "Like Water for Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel. Buy it via Flipkart.com :)

Maybe it is time for some "MAGICAL Mysticism" LOL

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

You tied that recipe!?!!? did you like it!?! oh you have to tell me!

I can't wait to see your pictures! Where they good?

I have to wait until monday to make mine, but I know they will be soooo good. Let me know if you have any pointers.

Oh, and as far as book recommendations...hummmmm..I don't know what to recommend. You have seen and read my reviews, I think you would like A History of Love by Nicole Krauss.

Happy reading, and eating!!

Ruth King said...

One I'm enjoying right now: Oblivious by Cyndia Depre

One I've read this year and loved:
The Keepsake by Tess Gerritsen

One that I read over and over:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

pink dogwood said...

I also love Paulo Coelho - just finishing up Brida right now. I second "like water for chocoloate" - I have only read it three times so far :) Another one of my favorite -
Girl with a pearl earring.

Shoshana said...

Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz is a good one.

иidhi S said...

Hey all, thank you so much for your suggestions!

I think i'll take up - ""Like Water for Chocolate" by Laura Esquivel"

I am adding up - Oblivious and The Keepsake, to my TBR list.

Serena said...

i love this photo!

I say check out some historical fiction or some humorous Christopher Moore--get in the holiday spirit with The Stupidest Angel.

Anonymous said...

OT 09 challenge? i'm doing it as well!:)this year's was fun!

Anonymous said...

Ramya YAY! me too :) mine is not complete for the year though :D

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online