7.11.08

Is this just me or you agree..??///

I got this book last month by Robin Sharma "Who will Cry When you Die", and i have still not read it. To add on to this, i got 4 books after that out of which i have read all. which are:

> A Thousand Splendid Suns (Review done)
>Brida (Review awaited)*
>The Witch of Portobello (Review Awaited)*
>Of Course I love you (Review Awaited)*

Robin Sharma does not interest me much. his books make me feel as if i am attending a lecture, and his books just tend to preach. I just cannot make up my mind to read his works. (Please everyone, this is my personal opinion and i know many people wont agree to this.)
Wherein Paulo Coelho at the same time, is such a suble writer, that you dont even get to knw when you start learning and istilling in your life what he tries to tell you.
I find myself absorbing and giving out so much of positive energy. My mind gets all calmed down.
Or may be I am still not open to that genre, coz my fried took the same book from me and read it twice and loved it.



*************************************************************************************

I will be reviewing Brida, Witch of Portobello & Of Course I Love you.
and may be try reading 'Who will Cry when you die'

*************************************************************************************



Check out Veena's books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/Veens

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I read half of Robin Sharma's book 'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari'. I read to the point where he described the guy's life and stuff, but the moment he stopped preaching I stopped reading it. It's like he was taking a high school lecture.

On the other hand i read the entire Alchemist. But sadly I did not gain anything for it. As a story it was entertaining. Thats it. But i did enjoy his 'Eleven minutes' which very few people seem to like.

Priya Iyer said...

i used to be a die-hard fan of robin sharma... and coelho too... now, with the passage of time, my love for coelho's writing has sustained, but that for robin's has vanished.. like you, i feel that he is toooo preachy... i totally agree with you that coelho is so subtly deep that u never know when u begin to absorb his teachings in ur life.. and yes, each of his books has left me feeling positive and calm and DEEPLY pondering... i used to feel that after reading robin too, but the urge to read his books is now gone.. maybe i have grown out of self-help books? :)

sorry for the long rant.. couldn't help it.. have been feeling this for some time now... btw, how did u find the witch of portobello and brida by coelho? i m yet to read both these books..

Anonymous said...

I don't know but I can't bring myself to read anything that the likes of Robin Sharma writes.
But on the other hand I really like Paulo. But this is a genre I read occasionally you know!

gautami tripathy said...

I don't like either Sharma or Coelho.

BTW, I got a few Sandra Brown books. If Ghost meets me again in Delhi, I will send those out to you. You an work it out with him.

I must mention, I picked those from the pavement and hene these are use books.

Anonymous said...

I've had the same problem, not with the authors mentioned, but not liking a book or author my friends love. My attitude is we can't all love the same things. It's what makes us individuals. :) And life it way too short to spend on books we don't care for.

иidhi S said...

@ Violet

Well to tell the truth i couldnot read 'The Monk...' further than 30th page.
I have read Eleven Minutes and when i say his writing as subtle the most of it (praise) comes as a credit for that book only.

иidhi S said...

@ aart

Hi aart, thanks for the link.

иidhi S said...

@ Priya

its ok. (for the rant) at least there are people who agree to what i feel.
Both of the books are on the same path but nonetheless different. with the Witch of Poretobello Paulo tries a new style of writing.
Both are worth a read Though i like Brida but the end was seamless. I''l be posting a review soon.

иidhi S said...

@ Veena

same here :)

hmm even i think its just Paulo or a few whom i may be following for the genre, me and the genre go well together, or may i cant take in too much of preaching in a book.

иidhi S said...

@ Gautami

well i have never read Sandra brown.
thogh i am too open for this genre, i had asked a friend for White Hot, but didnt get the time to read it. have you read it?

иidhi S said...

@ J. Kaye

very rightly said. there are millions of books waiting than to care about those that we cant or dont wanna read.

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online