12.11.08

Short Story Review 6: Outside Elko by Porter Fox

Outside Elko by Porter Fox is the Story of the Week at Narratives Magazine.
I have not read any short stories, this month and felt really sad not doing it, and this one appealed to me too, and thus I went ahead and read it.

Outside Elko starts off with a very casual conversation between 2 friends Bill and Ted. The conversation between the two was something that was really nice. One liners and sometimes one word answers, just like me and my best-friend would talk if there was something wrong.

It is just a day that's sketched in this very short short-story, but it is interesting how it teached us the very important lessons of one life,

Time and Tide waits for no one.
It has a very sad ending. I would like to tell you more about the 2 of them and more about the story, but I would like you to read and see, as I don't want to take away the freshness of knowing nothing and liking it. But for the most part of it, you are aware in a very strange way of the sadness thats going to engulf you.

But still the ending is somewhat different.
I know I am sounding so confusing, but it is, trust me like that!

I will give it a 3 on 5.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Endings are really important to me. I think you've read enough of mine to know that I don't take kindly to a bad one...lol! Still, a 3/5 isn't bad over all.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand that, here the ending is good. :-)

I am hoping it is to your liking!

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online