10.10.08

Booking through Thursday's ME- me!


First time on Booking through Thursday :-)

I like this me-me a LOT!


What was the last book you bought?

I bought Just Listen By Sarah Dessen and Skinny Dip by Hiaasen Carl. Though Neither of them have reached me yet. **sigh**! 

Name a book you have read MORE than once

Hmm! Seeds of Corruption by Sabri Moussa. I am still reading it, re-reading it. I have not been able to complete it. ut there are some parts I find worth re-reading. :-)

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

Yes. The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho. Actually made me realize a lot of things that I had previously never thought about, 

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

Mostly by reviews of fellow bloggers. You can see my blog-list on the left, those are the people I take recommendations from :-). But if I am at a bok-store, and I see a gripping summary at the back, I do take my chance at it ;). And I have bought couple of books, because I loved their cover designs too :o).

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

I prefer fiction mostly!

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?

BOTH!

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Robert Kincaid from The Bridges of Madison County. Sarah Ferguson The  Ghost by Danille Steel. Actually speaking I like 2nd beau much more. I can't rememeber his name. **sigh**

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

Seeds of Corruption by Sabri Moussa and The God of small things by Arundhati Roy

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

The Gathering By Anne Enright, read my review. Finished it on Oct 2nd [ Gandhiji's Birthday :-) ]

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Oh Yah! Recently, You are here by Meenakshi Reddy Madhavan. Didn't like it at all :-(


Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/Veens

8 Comments:

gypsy said...

lol veens...

reddy a waste--people will sue u... :P however , i think the same...I hope she picks up some real stuff...

Nyways, i'd loved god of small things, seems like u do too

Anonymous said...

:-)

I like it i like it :0)

Priya Iyer said...

nice meme.. was fun reading it!

m planning to read 'god of small things too'.. how u finding it?

and ya, how did you like 'the bridges of madison county'?

Anonymous said...

hehehe Priya! Thanks for pointing that OUT!

:-)

and i m liking it ! God of small things I mean!!

I never knew that my city of birth would be described in a Man-booker winning novel!
:)

Yeah... I belong to Kottayam , Keral :-)

gautami tripathy said...

I have not read The Gathering yet! I plan to!

My BTT

Anonymous said...

veens, I loved The Alchemist!

Congrats on being in J. Kaye's spotlight!

Anonymous said...

Gautami :-)

If you want, I can give you my copy of the Gathering :o)

serious :)

Anonymous said...

Shana, Thanks :-)

The Alchemist is my fav :-)

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online