12.12.08

Dewey, It is such an awesome pile of books you had!


In Dewey's honor, everyone is doing this challenge :-)

Of course I am going mad, so I thought Why NOT! At least I will have recommendations this time, from a genuinly awesome blogger :-)
So, here we go!

Click here for the main page.
Rules:

There are two ways to join this challenge:

1. Pick one book from each of the 6 years that Dewey has archives of. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.

2. The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year and I’m guessing that each of us has at least 5 books on our TBR list because of Dewey!

And the rules:

1. Choose either option 1 or 2 from above.

2. Commit to read your books (either 5 or 6 depending on which option you choose) throughout 2009. The challenge will end on December 31, 2009 but we’ll go ahead and unofficially start it right away! We’ll officially start it on January 1st, 2009.

3. Check back to the challenge blog that we’ve created, Dewey’s Books, often as I’ll put up Mr. Linky’s for reviews and I’ll mention prize giveaways!
Option 2 is the one I think I will do! I will read 5 from the list below!
I have gone through her archives till Aug, 2006 - and here is my list so far [ i will add upto this books as and when I go back to her blog ok?]

  1. Into the Forest by Jean Hegland
  2. The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
  3. The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier
  4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
  5. Property by Valerie Martin
  6. Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
  7. Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
  8. Saturday by Ian McEwan
  9. The World According to Garp BY John Irving
  10. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  11. Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
  12. Kindred by Octavia Butler
  13. The Little Women by Katharine Weber
  14. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
  15. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
  16. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  17. East of Eden by John Steinbeck

=========================================
The above list of books are my fav recommendations from Dewey, and so they will remain for me to choose my next books!
But I have decided on the 5 books I am going to read!

  1. Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
  2. Just Listen by Sarah Desses
  3. Atonement by Ian Ewan
  4. Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky
  5. Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie

Remember to,


Love,


It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

7 Comments:

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

good for you! Glad you are enjoying yourself :)Can't wait to see what you think of the books.

Iliana said...

Have fun with the challenge! :)

Bookfool said...

That's a great list. I've been a challenge failure, but I actually have a couple of those books on my TBRs. Still . . . I'm a challenge failure, so I guess I won't join. Have fun reading!

S. Krishna said...

I'm glad you're doing this challenge as well! Just a word of advice, you may not want to do the Outlander series, or if you do, just do the first one. Those books are long and there are a lot of them!

Anonymous said...

I think that is so neat! You go!

jessi said...

This is going to be a fun way to remember Dewey. We have quite a few books overlapping; I'm looking forward to your final list. :)

Meryl said...

Very cool. I'm definitely going to do this!

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online