22.12.08

BTT asks about my Treat and Gifts :)

It is a bonus kind of thing :) we have 2 BTT's for a single Thursday :)

- What is the best book you ever bought for yourself?And, why? What made it the best? What made it so special?

As you already know, I buy my books :) all of them are special to me :) ALL! because I think it is a blessing to have a passion for reading ... and a joy to travel places... I would never dream I would... and a privilege to have a sneak-peak in to our world's glorious past and the not-so glorious future :)

- Do you give books as gifts?To everyone? Or only to select people?How do you feel about receiving books as gifts?

Well, to very select people I give the gift of books :) It bugs me BIG time... if they don't end up reading it :(! And so, if I am really sure they will appreciate the gift, then ONLY I think I give them the gift :)! For e.g. I gifted Priya, my copy of Matrimony [ that I won at Alea's place] as I knew she would appreciate it... and well she commented that she couldn't get it here anywhere :)! I couldn't think of a better Matrimonial gift for the girl :)

I love love love getting books as gifts. As I am not too picky about books :) I am always heartened by them :) it is just awesome! Though I prefer fiction over non-fiction :)
Thanks Deb :)

Remember to,


Love,

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

4 Comments:

Michele said...

I think my feelings would be terribly hurt if I gave a book to someone and they didn't read it! I give a lot of gift certificates instead so they can pick out what book they really want. :)

Priya Iyer said...

yes, it hurts a lot to give someone a gift, only to know that they don't appreciate of it! :( but that won't happen with me, girl! really appreciate your good heartedness for sharing with me your copy of 'matrimony'... made a perfect matrimony gift for me :)will take it up for reading pretty soon :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle, righto :) I feel hurt too :(
Gift cards are the in thing :)

Priya :) I am glad u like it.. and I know it is safe in your hands :)

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I'm a big fiction fan too, and I want people to read and enjoy what I give them. I can be such a pain asking "Dd you read it yet? Did you read it yet?"

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online