7.12.08

#3 The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The Little Prince is my first graphic novel, which I picked up because I found a free eBook. I have read a graphic short story and loved it, and so I thought I would love this too.
As it started off, I thought it was for kids, but then it being in the 1001 list of books, kept me moving forward[ mind you, i am talking about the first page here :D ]. I was pleasantly surprised when I read this sentence,
I drew the inside of the boaconstrictor, so that the grown-ups could see it clearly.They always need to have things explained.
I was like so true! This narration is done by a small boy, 6 year old. His point of view of "grown-ups" is so interesting. There are many a passages I read and stopped to just ponder over it. It was so true. Maybe because the narration was done by a small boy, is what amazed me more, or the amount of light this small boy threw upon the grown-up stereotypical behavior is what amazed me, I can't say. But whatever it was, it really did keep me hooked to this simple but thought-provoking book till I finished it.
On making his discovery, the astronomer had presented it to the International Astronomical Congress,in a great demonstration. But he was in Turkish costume, and so nobody would believe what he said. Grown-ups are like that...
If you were to say to the grown-ups : “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get any idea of that house at all. You would have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”
And many more many many more!
And that it was written some where in 1960's is just unbelievable. It is amazing to say the least. I wish you all pick it up and read. It is just 78 pages, but so rich and profound, that you will want to re-read it again!

It is such a secret place, the land of tears.

It is an AWESOME book. If any of you wants the eBook, comment with your mail IDs and I would be happy to send it to you.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. [Pg. 60]

Remember to,


Love,

11 Comments:

jessi said...

I read this, too, but haven't written my review yet. Oops. Maybe sometime this week... :)

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

I've heard so much about the Little Prince, but I had no idea that it was a graphic novel.

Anonymous said...

Jessi, I would love to hear your thoughts on it :)

Nicole, it has pictures.. :-) But the story is not told in pictures. :)
I don't know how to explain!

Michele said...

I've never read a graphic novel -- this might have to be my first!

Anonymous said...

oh Yah! You should most Definitely give it a try Michele.

Anna said...

Sounds interesting. I still haven't jumped on the graphic novel bandwagon yet.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

I don't think, I will find another one like this :)!
Thanks Anna!

skeptic saint said...

hey veens...hi


it sounds really exciting...could you send me the e book??? thnx...

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I LOVE this book!

If you can't tell by now, I'm behind on my blogging and am leaving comments for some of the post I missed. :( I wish I could blog every day, but I can't.

I hope you're having a great day, Veens!

Priya Iyer said...

hey this sounds damn interesting... would love to have the ebook, if possible,please.... thanks :)

Anonymous said...

replica bags philippines wholesale replica hermes handbags p7h01g2a71 replica bags canada discover this j3e33q3e18 louis vuitton replica replica bags nancy l6d25s0h53 9a replica bags gucci replica w8z60l9z34 replica bags online shopping india

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online