8.8.08

Orbis Terrarum Challenge




I came to know of the Orbis Terrarum Challenge, thanks to Priya. ‘Orbis Terrarum’ stands for ‘The whole world’. The challenge is - over a period of 9 months, from April to December 2008, read 9 books by 9 different authors, from different parts of the world. The reader should write about each of these books on his/her blog. I am, most definitely, game for the challenge. I am taking it up. I have decided to experiment with different kinds of books, some out of my usual sphere of reading.
COMPLETED -

  1. The kite runner by Khaled Hosseini - Afghanistan
  2. Witch of Portebello by Paulo Coleho – Brazil
  3. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri - India
  4. I did a Bad Thing By Linda Green - England
  5. The Gathering by Anne Enright - Ireland
  6. The Road to lost Innocence by Somly Mam - Cambodia
  7. The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzioni – Halevy - Austria
  8. Like water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel - Mexico
  9. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery - France!

I CAN"T believe IT! I just COMPLETE this Challenge, MY firast challenge.. my fav challenge on TIME!

I will update y'all :)

2 Comments:

Satish Bolla said...

this was something i would have loved to take up some years back. planning to revive my reading skills by some book of jhumpa lahiri

Anonymous said...

Satish, you must and you should :)

Random Books from my TBR pile

blogger templates | Make Money Online